Saipem is a global leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Installation Businesses, with a strong inclination towards oil & gas-related activities in remote areas. We excel in the provisioning of engineering, procurement, project management and construction services, with distinctive skills and capabilities in the design and execution of large-scale offshore and onshore projects.
We are recruiting to fill thr position below:
Job Title: Port Captain
Location: Bonny, Rivers
Job type: Full-time
About the Job
- The Port Captain is responsible for the smooth transition of the cargo, so that it reaches its destination on time. To perform this role, the port captain will need to be in close contact with the NPA and Customs Authorities and stevedores.
- The Port captain is responsible for the efficient use of port facilities and resources with specific responsibilities for health, safety, and security.
- Roles include managing vessel loading and discharge, managing safety, managing staff, as well as daily reports to Management with respect to daily delivery operations at the ports.
- The Port Captain will work closely with and report daily to the MOF Coordinator..
- Drive and improve MOF productivity and reduce vessel port stay by aligning with the marine berth and schedule teams at the MOF area
- Consult maps, charts, weather reports, or navigation equipment to determine and direct ship movements.
- Ensure all vessel certificates are current and up to date as necessary
- Inspect vessels to ensure efficient and safe operation of vessels and equipment, and conformance to regulations.
- Direct courses and speeds of ships, based on specialized knowledge of local winds, weather, water depths, tides, currents, and hazards.
- Work, with MOF coordinator, on the daily progress report of vessels in field operation.
- Perform constant analysis of operational execution for the onsite location followed by reviews and improvement plans for submission to the MOF Coordinator.
- Provide operational support and monitor Deck Officers’ competency in Navigational requirements.
- Ensure the Port Authorities and Stevedore execute the plans for each vessel
- Follow up with crew personnel in cooperation with the crew department to ensure compliance with the Safety and Environmental Standards required by any relevant party.
- Provide technical solutions to engineering challenges on the vessels, with focus on its conformity.
- Onshore monitoring and tracking of vessels in ship survey status, ensuring compliance with NPA and NIMASA’s requirements.
- Ensure that any deficiency that arises is immediately rectified and reported accordingly.
- Provide accurate capability assessment report and conduct sea trial at Shipyards
- Ensure that all operational information is forwarded to the vessel and adhered to
- Provide training for staff at port in operational areas, as required, prior to their practical and theoretical competency check.
- Participate in and issue written reports/statements of inspections, investigation and similar activities when required for barges and vessels
- Perform all necessary activities to enhance efficient and safe operation of the vessel.
- Coordinate and direct the operations of the Vessel-Barges, making detailed plans to accomplish goals.
- Ensure Lost Time Injuries (LTI) is reduced to zero throughout the year at all company’s locations.
- Oversee the activities of vessel deck department members and other technical officers.
- Supervise loading of trucks and barges for general cargo shipments
- Supervise all container empty returns within the port
Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Nautical Science / Marine / Engineering related degrees or its equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in the energy industry, and proficiency in the use of Microsoft office tools (Word, Excel and Outlook).
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Job Title: Piping and Layout Engineer
Location: Lagos (On-site)
Job type: Full-time
About the Job
- Perform technical tasks assigned by the Piping and Layout Lead, related to design, verification, or study activities.
- Interface with other Project Specialists, Designers and Draftsman.
- Co-ordinate technical activities performed inside or outside Saipem.
- Ensure the Piping and Layout engineering support
- Analyze technical documents (e.g., specifications, calculation notes, drawings) to assess the scope of the studies required and the potential risks
- Estimate quantities or validate estimation done by another specialist of the team
- Check all produced documents (internal or subcontracted) like design reports, technical specifications, and drawings
- Write the Piping and Layout methodologies/ Design Premises comprehensive of all necessary data as well as general and specific design guidelines
- Ensure the achievement of assigned goals and the fulfillment of project quality requirements and contractual obligations
- Analyze project technical documents to validate consistency between the budget, resources and means allocated for the work completion and the targets to be met
- Define and follow-up the planning of resources’ mobilization
- Monitor and report actual progress including 3D check for Discipline activities, including control of man-hours and delivered documents
- Control the input data for team activities and check/ review all documents issued by the team
- Provide technical support to Project group, Procurement, Subcontracting and Construction activities included in the scope of work
- Inform on a permanent basis the Project Piping and Layout leader of any foreseen technical or financial or delay risk
- Feed the Piping and Layout Department improvement system by reverting the lessons learned during the project
- Participate in test circuit verification
- Participate in field engineering during construction activities
- Assist, when necessary, engineering adjustment on site
- Material management at site
Qualification & Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or its equivalent is mandatory.
- Minimum of 8 years’ relevant experience in the energy industry, COREN certification, and proficiency in the use of Microsoft office tools, AutoCAD, as well as Navisworks or SmartPlant Review tool.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
Federal and State Government Recruitment
Oil and Gas Jobs
Banking and Finance Jobs
International NGOs Recruitment
Federal and State University Jobs
Federal and State Polytechnic Jobs
Customer Service Jobs
RECOMMENDED SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Scholarship In America
Scholarship in UK
Scholarship in Europe
Scholarship in Australia
Fully Funded scholarships and Grants
Latest Vacancy for Aviation Dispatcher at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
Current Recruitment for Supply Chain Coordinator – Crown Plant st Frigoglass Industries Nigeria Limited
Human Resource Business Partner at Eolyon Integrated Resources Limited New Job Vacancy
Current Recruitment for Credit Analyst at Guaranty Trust Holding Company (GTCO) Plc
Current Career Opportunity for Internal Communications Manager – Diversity & Inclusion at WaterAid
AB Microfinance Bank Current Recruitment Opportunities
GDM Group Ongoing Employment Opportunities
Novartis Nigeria Latest Vacancies
VACANCY: Nigeria NLNG (LNG) Limited Massive Recruitment For NLNG Train 7 Project
Recruitment at Nigeria LNG for NLNG Train 7 Project
Canadian Jobs for Foreigners – Apply Online
Graduate Trainee at Kradot Limited | Apply Now
Recruitment at Sundry Foods Limited
New Job Opening for Business Development Officer at Checkoff Credit Systems Limited
Apply for Rolling Stone Scholarship at Southern Cross University- Australia 2022-2023
Business Operations (POS) Officer at Wema Bank Plc
Recruitment at Survive Fistula Healthcare Foundation (SFHF)
Massive Recruitment at Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL)
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Recruitment for an Administrative Assistant
Apply for BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
Career Opportunities at Guaranty Trust Holding Company (GTCO) Plc
Recruitment for Relationship Manager at Zenith Bank Plc
Recommended Jobs Search in Nigeria
Local and International Scholarships Federal, State and Private Organizations Recruitments: See Below
Jobs You May Like
Massive Employment at Enugu State Corporation – Click Here to Apply
Kwara State Civil Service Commission Job Recruitment – Click Here to Apply
Ongoing Recruitment at Uniterm Nigeria Limited – Click Here to Apply
Nigeria Agip Exploration (NAE) Limited 2021/2022 post Graduate Scholarship Award Scheme – Click Here to Apply
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Deroundtable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
Deroundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Deroundtable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters
Are you tired of applying for lots of job openings and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you seek!
Getting your dream job begins with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your resume/ Cv gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story with the use of specific ATS keywords for your industry that will communicate your skills, expertise and ability to employers in a unique and professional manner, winning you more job interviews.
Most of our clients have attested to getting up to 3 interviews in a week after our professional CV revamp, and the use of our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile optimization services.
* Creative and Professional CV services
* Creative and cover letter services
* Professional LinkedIn profile optimization services.
You can purchase any of these services when you click on the link below
Send a mail to email@example.com
We are 100% more than the hype.
What is a cover letter?
A cover letter is a one-page document that you submit with your resume to express your interest in a job opening. The purpose of a cover letter is to introduce yourself to an employer and provide a brief overview of your work history, professional skills, and an explanation why you’re the best fit for that job.
While your resume focuses on your qualifications and achievements, your cover letter expands on those achievements, showcases your personality, and explains why you’d be a good fit for the company.
How to write a cover letter that gets you the job
Here’s how to make a great cover letter for a job application:
1. List your contact information (and the employer’s details)
Underneath your name in your cover letter header, list the following contact details:
- First and last name
- Email address (something professional, usually including your name)
- Phone number
- Mailing address (optional)
- Linkedin profile link (optional)
- Portfolio or website (optional)
After your header, include the date and following company contact information:
- First and last name of the person you’re writing to, or the relevant department
- Company address
- Company phone number
- Hiring manager’s email address
2. Address the hiring manager (ideally by their name)
Next, address your cover letter to the hiring manager by name if possible. A standard cover letter salutation includes the hiring manager’s first and last name, and begins with a “Mr.”, “Ms.”, or another relevant professional title.
3. Write an attention-getting opening paragraph
Start your cover letter with an informative, direct introduction by including the following details in the first one or two sentences:
- Job position: The title of the advertised position
- Company name: The name of the company you’re applying to
- How you discovered the opening: Whether you saw the job on LinkedIn, a job board, or were recommended to apply by a friend
- Intention to apply: An enthusiastic announcement that you’re applying for the open role and why you’re interested in or qualified for it
- Notable accomplishments: If you have relevant work experience, highlight one or two of your most notable achievements in your introduction to immediately grab the employer’s attention
Leave a Reply